Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Adrian Madaro Kicks-off Campaign for State Rep with Over 200 Supporters at the Jeffries Yacht Club

(EAST BOSTON, January 19, 2015) Surrounded by over 200 supporters Adrian Madaro, candidate for State Representative, held his official campaign kick-off event at the Jeffries Yacht Club last week.   

Campaign Manager Liana LaMattina, introduced Madaro. “When I think of our next generation of leaders here in East Boston, I think of Adrian. He is a prime example of a product of the environment here in East Boston.” She said. “He is a product of the love and commitment to community that many great leaders in Eastie have taught us in the past. And I know that he will continue that legacy."

Addressing the packed room, Madaro shared his reasons for running and laid out his vision for East Boston.

“I feel blessed to be born and raised in East Boston, whether it was playing little league baseball or pop warner football, learning how to play drums at Zumix, or getting involved in community clean ups with my mom and her civic group.” Adrian said “My family made sure that I was invested in my community and that I loved East Boston. That’s why I am running for State Representative. I want to be the first person you think of calling when you need help and I want to be your advocate on Beacon Hill.”

Madaro went on to thank his family for their support and State Representative Carlo Basile for his mentorship.

“This commitment to public service and community is in my DNA. I learned it from my family and strengthened it these past four years working for Representative Basile as his Chief of Staff.” Adrian continued, “I’m so grateful for Rep Basile’s mentorship as he’s prepared me to be an effective and passionate advocate for East Boston on day one.”

Adrian Madaro is a graduate of Boston Latin School and Tufts University where he also earned a Masters in Public Policy and Urban Planning. Adrian is an active member of the East Boston community, serving as a board member of the East Boston Neighborhood Health Center, Vice President of the YMCA, President of the Harborside Community Council, Former Vice President of the Neighborhood of Affordable Housing (NOAH), and Co-Chair and Founder of the Mario Umana Public Service Fellowship.
###