Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Margaret Farmer announces candidacy for District 1 city council seat

At the invitation of EastBoston.com this week, Margaret Farmer provided the following statement: 

"I am proud to announce my candidacy for Boston City Council, District 1. As a longtime East Boston resident, and a president of the Jeffries Point Neighborhood Association for the past 5 years I have dedicated my time to working on the issues most important to us, including development and transportation.

I have received those 2 AM phone calls about a local fire, and the 7:30 phone calls about trash spread out across the street. I understand that a city councilor has a huge effect on the day to day lives of residents, and can promise that core city services will remain a strong priority while fighting to improve Charlestown, East Boston and the North End for current residents. I will work to promote intelligent, appropriate development while promoting transportation options and continued investments in our schools. At the same time, City Government can, and should, work better for all of our citizens."

Margaret Farmer, Candidate for City Council, District 1