Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Gabriela Mendoza Announces her candidacy for Suffolk County Register of Deeds' To face off against incumbent Stephen Murphy

Statement from the Mendoza Campaign 9/17:

"Today, after much encouragement, motivation and support from my family and friends I am excited to announce that I, Gabriela Mendoza, am running for the office of Register of Deeds for Suffolk County.

I will be facing the incumbent, Stephen Murphy, in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts election being held on Tuesday, November 6th, 2018.

I have been in the Boston area for almost 25 years and have come to feel that Boston is home. I live and work here: I have established a law practice, moved my family across the U.S. and I bought a home in Boston I have been fortunate and am grateful; because of those feelings, I become involved with community groups and organizations as a way of giving.

I see the position of Register of Deeds as another way for me to give back to my community: to be an active advocate for the citizens of Suffolk County by providing information and educational resources involving real estate and home ownership, while ensuring the recording and preservation of real estate records in a reliable and professional manner.

I will be meeting and seeing as many Suffolk County residents from now until the election on November 6th. 

If time prevents me from meeting you, I am asking for your support and your vote!"

Gabriela Mendoza grew up in southern California. She attended Mount Saint Mary’s University in Los Angeles, where she studied political science and philosophy. After graduating from Mount Saint Mary’s in 1994, Gabriela moved to Boston to attend Suffolk University Law School. Gabriela was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in 1997 and the New Hampshire Bar in 1999. Gabriela owns a house in Boston and has two rescue dogs.