Friends of the East Boston Greenway
With the East Boston Greenway Council
Thursday June 26, 2014
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
East Boston Branch Library, 365 Bremen St.
*Note special start time & location*
We will move through normal meeting business
followed by a history slideshow celebrating the Greenway effort’s 20 years!
1. Introductions and Welcome
2. Greenway Safety and Security Update
• Boston Police Dept. –Community Service Officer Simons, District A-7
3. Continuing the Greenway
• Wood Island Link Section, Massport
- Construction completion update
- Community opening celebration – date?
• Narrow Gauge Section to Constitution Beach, BRA
- Permitting progress, project status and updated 2014 timeline
4. Programs & Volunteers
• Youth Conservation Corps – Teens working mornings on Greenway 7/7 – 8/15
• THIS SATURDAY! Sat. June 28, 10:30am: Greenspace Connections and Trees Walk in Jeffries Point. Meet at Piers Park entrance.
• Seed Share open at EB Library
5. New Business
6. Greenway History Slideshow
CALENDAR OF MEETINGS
All meetings on 4th Thurs at East Boston YMCA, 215 Bremen Street at 6:30 p.m.
Thurs. July 24 August Mtg TBA Thurs. Sept. 25
Boston Natural Areas Network
617-542-7696 • email@example.com